What is GROWTH?
GROWTH: Growing Resilience Out of Wellness and Thoughtful Habits is a 6-week mental wellness promotion program available only through NCHPAD Connect. The goal of this program is to equip individuals with invaluable knowledge and heightened awareness about mental health and well-being. By delving into key topics, we aim to provide participants with disabilities with the tools they need to navigate mental health challenges effectively.
- Mental Health and Awareness: Understand mental health, distress signs and effective responses.
- Build Connections: Establish meaningful connections within oneself, with others, and with supportive coping strategies and resources.
- Holistic Self-Care Practices: Learn mindfulness, meditation, gratitude and various self-care techniques.
- Navigating Emotions and Perspectives: Explore creative strategies and tools for managing thoughts and emotions.
- Understanding Ableism and Advocacy: Gain insights into ableism’s impact on mental well-being and how advocacy and connection can offer support.